Why One Should Avoid Drinking Tap Water

Why You Should Avoid Drinking Tap Water 

By the time you feel thirsty, your body has lost more than 1 per cent of its total water or maybe you feel a little thirsty by the time you finish reading this.  

So, let’s not feel thirsty.  

Take a break right now and have a glass of water.  We’ll wait for you to return to finish reading this blog. 

But have you ever wondered where the water you drink comes from before you sip it? 

So, if the first thing that comes to mind when you’re thirsty is to pour a glass of tap water, you should think twice.  

There are several reasons why drinking tap water isn’t as healthy as you may believe, and why you should never settle for tap water when there are far superior options available. 

Drinking tap water exposes people all around the globe to dangerous germs that can cause an array of ailments.  

Let’s look at some of the reasons why you shouldn’t drink tap water.  

Metal Poisoning

Heavy metals are metallic elements with a relatively high density that are toxic or even poisonous when ingested.  

Your tap water could be contaminated with heavy metals and if you get metal poisoning, you could experience nerve damage, diarrhea, memory loss, or muscle cramps. 

Arsenic 

Arsenic is a naturally occurring Metallica chemical that is commonly found in groundwater. When ingested in high concentration, it can cause health problems. 

This chemical can be found in household tap water as a result of agricultural or industrial contamination, or from a private well.  

Arsenic can cause health problems like sensation in the hands and feet, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, and diarrhea. 

Chlorine

This is a naturally occurring chemical element that not only kills bacteria and germs but also damages the human body when consumed orally or inhaled in large numbers. 

When chlorine comes into contact with water in the body, it forms corrosive acids. Excessive chlorine exposure can lead to health problems. 

Chlorine

Chemical

A chemical taste in drinking water is often caused when water comes into contact with rubber or plastic pipes when small amounts of substances dissolve in the water.  

It can also occur when there are changes to the water pressure that led to expansions of rubber hoses attached to washing machines. 

Musty or Earthy 

Algae bacteria or other organic material in your water source are commonly responsible for an earthy or musty taste in tap water.  

It can also happen when water passes through peaty lands, such as moorlands, or when water is left standing in your home’s pipes for an extended period of time. 

Although taps provide us with drinking water, the quality of that water is not perfect. Fortunately, with a mineral water plant, you can avoid drinking tap water and instead enjoy pure, healthful water in the comfort of your own home.

Musty or earthy

DTPPL is a leading mineral water manufacturer that will provide you with daily access to water that is not only good for your health but also improves your comfort and quality of life, and helps you save the environment. 

Reminder: You should drink water now! 

 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *